Basic Truth #12 - Wicked Political System To Be Destroyed

Please find in this forum the forty (40) Basic, Elementary Truths taught by all Jehovah's Witnesses world wide. Also, please find a brief description of each teaching, with biblical substantiation for each tenet believed, which constitutes this nation as God's Name People, Modern-Day "Israel" of Bible Prophecy.

Also, read the bible completely through in one (1) year! Yes, as a subforum, we have provided a Daily Bible Reading Schedule for your convenience in this particular forum. The schedule is so easy to follow ... Enjoy!

Moderator: SNS Administration

bejay

Basic Truth #12 - Wicked Political System To Be Destroyed

Post by bejay »

Basic Truth #12 – Wicked Political System to be Destroyed

Before Jesus began his earthly ministry, he faced Satan who attempted to get him to denounce Jehovah and follow him. He offered to give Jesus world rulership if he would bow down and do an act of worship to him. He stated to Jesus that “To you I will give all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.” (Luke 4:6) We learn here that Satan controls all the governments of the world, which include the commercial, political and religious systems that are part and parcel of them.

1 John 5:19 reminds us that “the whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.” That is why they are all in opposition to Jehovah and all of the people who live under their authority do whatever they choose and do not consider His laws as being of any importance to them unless these laws contain something that they believe that they can benefit from.

Psalms 103:19 tells us that “Jehovah himself has firmly established his throne in the very heavens; and over everything his own kingship has held domination.” He is the supreme ruler and He has allowed these governments to exist for His own purposes and until His set time to rid the earth of them. (Romans 13:1, 2) Daniel 2:44 specifically says “And in the days of those kings the God of Heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be passed on to another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.” God Himself will remove all of these governments that are under human control and will establish an earthly government to his own liking. He will make the choice of who will be the head of this government. At Psalms 2:6, Jehovah says this: “But as for Me, I have installed My king upon Zion, My holy mountain.”

This king that Jehovah has chosen to rule the earth will be given the power to rule with an ‘iron rod.’ Revelation 19:15 says of him: “And from his mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it he may smite the nations and he will rule them with a rod of iron and he treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God the Almighty. Psalms 2:10-12 warns these rulers to submit to this God-chosen ruler or face their demise. The for these disobedient rulers is described in Revelation 19:17, 18 where the command is issued to the birds of the air to come and feast on the flesh of these rulers who have been put to death by God Almighty.