Basic Truth #19 - Jesus Raised An Immortal Spirit

Please find in this forum the forty (40) Basic, Elementary Truths taught by all Jehovah's Witnesses world wide. Also, please find a brief description of each teaching, with biblical substantiation for each tenet believed, which constitutes this nation as God's Name People, Modern-Day "Israel" of Bible Prophecy.

Also, read the bible completely through in one (1) year! Yes, as a subforum, we have provided a Daily Bible Reading Schedule for your convenience in this particular forum. The schedule is so easy to follow ... Enjoy!

Moderator: SNS Administration

bejay

Basic Truth #19 - Jesus Raised An Immortal Spirit

Post by bejay »

Basic Truth #19 – Jesus Raised an Immortal Spirit

Although Jesus was a spirit creature in heaven before he came to earth, he did not have immortality, even though he had been in existence for hundreds of millions of years. His continued existence depended on his being obedient to Jehovah. When he lived on earth as a perfect human, he was still required to be obedient. But, after having proven his obedience to Jehovah even dying a horrible death on the torture stake, he was raised from the dead as a spirit person as 1 Peter 3:18 attests to. It reads: “Why, even Christ died once for all time concerning sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones that he might lead you to God, he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit.”

The Apostle Paul stated further at Romans 6:9 this: “For we know that Christ, now that he has been raised up from the dead, dies no more; death is master over him no more.” Yes his resurrection was not simply one in which he regained the same status that he had before coming to earth. He was given something more in that he is no longer subject to death. After proving his integrity to God, he was raised to life in heaven as a spirit person and given immortality and incorruptibility. When he appeared to the apostle John he said this to him about himself: “And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: ‘Do not be fearful, I am the first and the last, and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever and I have the keys of death and of Hades.” (Revelation 1:17, 18)

In his elevated position, Jesus then sat at the right hand of Jehovah and was given all authority whether in heaven or on the earth. Even the angels have been made subject to him. (Matthew 28:18; 1 Peter 3:22, Philippians 2:9)