Basic Truth #28 - Satan Controls All Governments

Please find in this forum the forty (40) Basic, Elementary Truths taught by all Jehovah's Witnesses world wide. Also, please find a brief description of each teaching, with biblical substantiation for each tenet believed, which constitutes this nation as God's Name People, Modern-Day "Israel" of Bible Prophecy.

Also, read the bible completely through in one (1) year! Yes, as a subforum, we have provided a Daily Bible Reading Schedule for your convenience in this particular forum. The schedule is so easy to follow ... Enjoy!

Moderator: SNS Administration

Littleleslie

Basic Truth #28 - Satan Controls All Governments

Post by Littleleslie »

Basic Truth # 28 – Satan Controls All Governments & Kingdoms

Have you ever wondered just why this world is so bad? All we need to do is look around us, read a newspaper or watch the evening news, and we see wickedness and evil all around us. If we think about our own life experience and how difficult it is just to live and attempt to do what is right, there seems to be the nagging question…why is there so much badness?

If we turn to Jehovah’s word, the Bible, it will answer this question for us. The bible tells us that Satan controls all governments, all kingdoms on earth today.

In Luke, we see that Satan showed Jesus the kingdoms of the world, and he offered them to Jesus if he would do an act of worship to him. Jesus did not question the fact that Satan could give him these kingdoms. Yes, it was Satan’s to give…all authority over the kingdoms of the inhabited earth. As the scripture below explains, yes, it was his to offer to Jesus. That fact was not disputed.

(Luke 4:5-6) 5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; 6 and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it.

So now that we understand that Satan has control of the “kingdoms” or “governments” of the world, this explains why they are so bad, so evil and so corrupt. They are all under Satan's control!

There are other verses that also bring out the fact that Satan does have this “authority”, that he is the ruler of this “world”. Please read the following verses:

(Revelation 13:2) 2 Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were as those of a bear, and its mouth was as a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to [the beast] its power and its throne and great authority.

Now, you may ask who is this “dragon” that can give power and authority to whomever he wishes to? Revelation tells us:

(Revelation 12:8-9) . . .. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

Yes, this is Satan the devil. He has in his control the governments, the authorities, the world rulers, the kingdoms that are ruling here on earth at this time.

(Ephesians 6:12) 12 because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.