Basic Truth #36 - Man Did Not Evolve But Was Created

Please find in this forum the forty (40) Basic, Elementary Truths taught by all Jehovah's Witnesses world wide. Also, please find a brief description of each teaching, with biblical substantiation for each tenet believed, which constitutes this nation as God's Name People, Modern-Day "Israel" of Bible Prophecy.

Also, read the bible completely through in one (1) year! Yes, as a subforum, we have provided a Daily Bible Reading Schedule for your convenience in this particular forum. The schedule is so easy to follow ... Enjoy!

Moderator: SNS Administration

bejay

Basic Truth #36 - Man Did Not Evolve But Was Created

Post by bejay »

Basic Truth #36 – Man Did Not Evolve But Was Created

Genesis 1:27 states very specifically this:

“And God proceeded to create the man in His image, in God’s image He created him; male and female he created them.”

Yet the majority of humans on earth today view these words as just a myth and prefer to follow a theory made popular by a nineteenth century Biologist named Charles Darwin who asserted that he could prove that all life had occurred through a process called evolution. Even today there is much dissention about the proof of Darwin’s theories. In recent times it has been learned that much of this so-called evidence was fabricated.

But there is no dissention in the sixty-six books of the Bible concerning how man came to be on the earth. Revelation, the last book in the Bible attests to the creatorship of Jehovah. In chapter 4 verse 11, it reads:

“You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because You created all things (including man), and because of your will they existed and were created.”

The prophet Isaiah adds to this evidence of creation by Jehovah when he wrote:

“This is what Jehovah has said, the Holy One of Israel and the Former of him. ‘Ask me even about the things that are coming concerning my sons, and concerning the activity of my hands you people should command me. I myself have made the earth and have created even man upon it. I ─ my own hands have stretched out the heavens and all the army of them I have commanded.’” ─ Isaiah 45:11, 12

Jesus adds his weight to this evidence when speaking to the religious leaders of his day. He said as recorded at Matthew 19:4, 5 this:

“Did you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh?’”

Nearly two thousand years from the creation of Adam, when Jehovah was about to bring a devastating flood upon the earth He spoke about bringing to ruin His own creation. It is stated in the record at Genesis 6:6, 7 this way:

“And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart. So Jehovah said: ‘I am going to wipe men whom I have created off the surface of the ground, from man to domestic animal, to moving animal and to flying creature of the heavens, because I do regret that I have made them.’”

Jehovah admits that He is about to deal a blow to His own creative works.

David, a devoted servant of Jehovah acknowledged the creative works of God when he said concerning the way he was created:

“I shall laud you because in a fear-inspiring way I am wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, as my soul is very well aware.” ─ Psalms 139:14

Yes the Bible is consistent in its statements that there is a Creator who made all things for His purposes and that nothing was left to chance or evolution. All life emanates from the Creator and is completely dependent upon Him for its continuance. We agree with the Psalmist who said “For with you (Jehovah) is the source of life.” ─ Psalms 36:9