Basic Truth #25 - Prayer Directed Only To Jehovah

Please find in this forum the forty (40) Basic, Elementary Truths taught by all Jehovah's Witnesses world wide. Also, please find a brief description of each teaching, with biblical substantiation for each tenet believed, which constitutes this nation as God's Name People, Modern-Day "Israel" of Bible Prophecy.

Also, read the bible completely through in one (1) year! Yes, as a subforum, we have provided a Daily Bible Reading Schedule for your convenience in this particular forum. The schedule is so easy to follow ... Enjoy!

Moderator: SNS Administration

Littleleslie

Basic Truth #25 - Prayer Directed Only To Jehovah

Post by Littleleslie »

Basic Truth #25 – Prayer Should Be Directed Only To Jehovah Through Christ

The Bible refers to Jehovah as the one who hears prayer as shown at Psalms 65:2 which says "O Hearer of prayer. Even to you people of all flesh will come." Jesus set the example in showing the importance of praying to Jehovah even teaching his disciples how to pray. (Luke 6:12; Matthew 6:9, 10; Luke 18:1)

Since humans are sinners they cannot on their own offer prayer to Jehovah and expect that He will find it acceptable. Humans need someone to plead for them before Jehovah. Jesus made this known to his disciples when he said to them, as recorded at John 14: 6, 13, 14, that "I am the way, and the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me. And whatever you ask in my name that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."

The Apostle Paul also makes this point for us at 1Timothy 2:5 where he said: "There is one God and one mediator between God and men, a man Christ Jesus." As the mediator for those who put faith in Jehovah, Jesus will speak in their behalf before Jehovah. Hebrews 9:24 bears this out as it says: "For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself now to appear in the presence of God for us." Therefore, in order that Jehovah hears our prayers, we must recognize that we need to have someone intercede for us and that appointed one is the Christ.