Jehovah Sends Inspired Messages To UNINSPIRED Teachers???

This forum provides key articles of interest on various bible topics and subject matter.

Moderator: SNS Administration

Esoteric
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Location: 2008 YORWW Bible Academy Graduate resides YORWW Headquarters

Post by Esoteric »

I'd like to raise a question that I believe, should be of interest to most here.

First, let's examine the following information taken from the publication "Revelation -- Its Grand Climax At Hand!" chapter 34, "An Awesome Mystery Solved" paragraph 2. It says in part:

"...Likewise, as it serves under angelic direction today, the watchful John class has had revealed to it the understanding of the prophecy. 'Do not interpretations belong to God?' Like faithful Joseph, we believe that they do. (Genesis 40:8; compare Daniel 2:29, 30.) God's people are placed, as it were, center stage as JEHOVAH INTERPRETS TO THEM the meaning of the vision and its impact on their lives. (Psalm 25:14) Right on time, he has opened up to their understanding the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast. -- Psalm 32:8"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Did they say:
"...Jehovah interprets to them (John Class, Anointed)... the meaning of bible prophecy???

If Jehovah actually does that, wouldn't that make the "John" Class ... inspired???

I mean, how do you do that, without automatically becoming an INSPIRED person or group of people, to others who listen to you? You admit, Jehovah Himself actually gave you ... the messenger, sacred information, sacred "interpretations" of prophecy, right? So Jehovah gave it to you, but still, you are NOT inspired -- what??? That's what you tell the people who listen to you. And the people are supposed to believe that???

MY COMMENTS: I believe, the above paragraph is vividly showing us something incredible. It OPENLY and BLATANTLY, states an impossibility. One only has to ponder, or meditate on it, to really see it.

Isn't the above paragraph telling us a DIVINELY INSPIRED SOURCE, like Almighty Jehovah, has over the years, routinely conveyed "interpretations" of prophecy to the "John" Class (the anointed), "interpretations" of prophecy, which may or may not later, prove to be subject to error or change, interpretations of prophecy that may have to be revised, from time to time.

Think: If Jehovah reveals correct "interpretations" of prophecy (like the prophecy of Revelation for instance) to the "John" Class (Anointed), then the "interpretation" would come directly from God, right??? And that particular "interpretation" from God, would thus have to be considered an INSPIRED "interpretation" or inspiration, is that not true?

But we all know, the Watchtower claims emphatically in their publications, over and over, they (Governing Body) are certainly NOT an inspired source. They only receive the "interpretations" of prophecy from Jehovah, that's all. ... They only receive them from God. But, no, they are NOT inspired at all. So, don't even think that. Because, their "interpretations" of prophecy, just come from Jehovah God, the Almighty... and that's all. So, you WTBTS Detractors..well, don't try to make too much out of this, okay???

Just remember, we (Governing Body) are not really, really inspired...okay???

...We just get our "interpretations" of prophecy from Almighty Jehovah God...and that's all.

In the above paragraph, they suggest the "inspired interpretation," the "inspired expression" if you will, which surely comes from Jehovah, no, no, is only to be understood to be given to a NONinspired, fallible messenger, namely the "John" Class, the Anointed, the WTBTS and its Governing Body. That's what you are supposed to get from this paragraph.

But, I believe the claim of being a NONinspired messenger for God, or even the disclaimer on the WTBTS's part of being a FALLIBLE source of information for God Almighty, thus becomes an impossibility, when you think about, doesn't it? Does it make good sense to believe Jehovah God Almighty, would use such a pathetic, unreliable, weak, tentative, and admittedly UNINSPIRED messenger, to represent Him in all of His Grandeur, and to present His Divine Sacred Message itself, to the world of mankind? Does that make sense to you?

Again, let me go over this again.

If the messenger of God, openly admits (as they do above) he/she got the "interpretation" from Jehovah Himself, then wouldn't that automatically make the messenger, an "inspired" person??? Or, am I missing something here?

Now, we are contrasting the Divinely Given "Interpretation," the real one from God, with those from say, a NON-inspired source or worse, a demonic one. Maybe I'm wrong but, didn't 1 John 4:1 actually say: "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world." -- New World Translation

Again, if the "interpretation" comes from God, Jehovah, then doesn't that make the messenger of Jehovah who delivers the message ... INSPIRED???

How can a person or group of people (like the John Class, anointed) actually receive "interpretations" of prophecy from Jehovah...WITHOUT themselves being "inspired", I ask?

If Jehovah God, gave you, the messenger HIS SACRED "INTERPRETATION" OF PROPHECY, He gave you the message, then you are "inspired", and that is just that, IMHO.

...any comments???

Janet
Mary
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)

Post by Mary »

Yes, how many times have you heard a Jehovah's Witness say this:

"You misunderstand what we mean by the Bible interpreting itself. Since Jehovah is the author of the Bible, when we let the Bible interpret itself, Jehovah is interpreting it."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

There is a lot that can be said here, but first I just wanted to focus upon that special expression, that I've heard consistently, for a very long time at the kingdom halls I've visited. Jehovah's Witnesses often say this.

They (JWs) often say:

"...the Bible interprets itself." [which is like saying: "...the bible INTERPRETS The bible..."]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That, to me is a curious statement, to say the least.

I don't know how a book, can do any such thing.

Instead, I believe, according to 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 we may find something very interesting, relative to that particular assertation made by Jehovah's Witnesses, shown above. Thoses verses say:

"For example, to one there is given through the spirit speech of wisdom, to another speech of knowledge according to the same spirit, to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifts of healings by that one spirit, to yet another operations of powerful works, to another prophesying, to another DISCERNMENT OF INSPIRED UTTERANCES, to another different tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues." -- New World Translation

Above, Paul listed certain "gifts of the spirit," miraculous works that come from God Almighty. Do you have an idea why Paul says "Discernment of Inspired Utterances" (prophecy) is a special "gift" of the spirit from Jehovah God Himself?

According to Jehovah's Witnesses, the Governing Body can routinely do this (discern inspired utterances, like prophecies found in the book of Revelation for instance) WITHOUT having an supernatural intervention or help from God. Can any Jehovah's Witness explain how that is possible?

And while you are answering that question, I will provide an actual quote from the Governing Body in their own publications, that gives rise to such a question, that I might propose to them. Here is the quote:

The publication "Revelation -- Its Grand Climax At Hand!" chapter 34, "An Awesome Mystery Solved" paragraph 2, says in part:

"...Likewise, as it serves under angelic direction today, the watchful John class has had revealed to it the understanding of the prophecy. 'Do not interpretations belong to God?' Like faithful Joseph, we believe that they do. (Genesis 40:8; compare Daniel 2:29, 30.) God's people are placed, as it were, center stage as JEHOVAH INTERPRETS TO THEM the meaning of the vision and its impact on their lives. (Psalm 25:14) Right on time, he has opened up to their understanding the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast. -- Psalm 32:8"

PS: don't you find it strange that the Governing Body is saying out of "one side of their mouths":

...Jehovah INTERPRETS...

and on the "other side of their mouths",

...the bible itself INTERPRETS... [which is like saying: the bible INTERPRETS The Bible...]

I mean, which is doing the real interpreting for us ... the bible or Jehovah???

"All GREAT TRUTHS begin as blasphemies."
-- George Bernard Shaw